San Jose, CA
Montague Expy and 101
Contract – 6 months
Based in San Jose, this position will be responsible for operational management of the LAN infrastructure across the globe. It will include the participation in and oversight of the daily upkeep and administration of the company’s network infrastructure and systems, including switches, routers, firewalls, proxies, and monitoring tools.
Your specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Implement and maintain all LAN-based network systems to meet the organization’s current and future requirements.
- Provide operational support for the LAN infrastructure, working with vendor support as required.
- Evaluate and help correct network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency.
- Minimum of 7 years as a Network Engineer in a global environment
- Strong switching, routing, and firewall experience
- Demonstrated capabilities with networking concepts and protocols, such as VLAN/PVLAN, STP, HSRP/VRRP, IP subnetting, routing
- Increasing understanding of a wider set of protocols and advanced technologies
- Proficient understanding and experience using configuration management and/or diagnostic tools, monitoring applications and performance analysis tools
- Expertise with Palo Alto Networks firewalls
- Management of proxies and proxy PAC files
- Configuration and management of Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls, including Nexus series and ASA
- Knowledge of BGP/EIGRP routing protocols
- Netscout Performance Manager and other troubleshooting tools like Solarwinds
- Demonstrated experience with designing and implementing an SDN solution that delivered measurable benefit
- Internet as WAN
- Strong switching, routing, and firewall experience.