Leader in online corporate brand protection services.
San Francisco, CA
The candidate must be comfortable working in an Agile environment, have a “can-do” attitude, work well in a cross-functional environment with minimal supervision, and mentor others. He/she should be a self-starter, quick learner and a great team player. This candidate will be responsible for reviewing requirements, design, implementation, and unit testing. Ability to evaluate, analyze and resolve complex technical problems. The candidate will be an integral part of the Backend Harvester team.
- The candidate will work as part of a team to review business requirements.
- Design and implement server-side technology for scalable crawling, indexing and analysis.
- Debugging and profiling to isolate mission critical issues.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
- 5+ years of experience working with horizontally scaled distributed server-side applications;
- Experience implementing server-side technology for scalable crawling, indexing and analysis;
- Experience mining insights from social media data set.
- Experience extracting information from mobile only sites. Exposure to iOS, Android.
- Proven expertise developing high availability, scalable, performance-oriented multi-tier enterprise applications;
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems;
- Experience in Java threading and concurrency with efficiently utilization database, network and file system resources;
- Very strong hands-on technical experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Kafka.
- Knowledge of distributed databases like HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Strong SQL knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, across project teams, and independently;
- Possess exceptional written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
Machine learning on big data.
WORK STATUS RESTRICTIONS
US Citizens / Green Card Holders / TN VISA / H1B candidates can apply.
Yes – Company will help with relocation.
Pay is commensurate with experience, and highly competitive.