A large manufacturing company in the automotive industry.
- Pittsburgh, PA
Note: New locations opening up next month. If there is a location you prefer, please let us know and we shall reach out to you as soon as it opens up.
This mid-tier position (within the Systems Analyst group of IT) will be responsible for participating in applications development, maintenance, and enhancement IT projects.
This position reports directly into the IT Director.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise for custom Oracle based IT applications.
- Conceptually convert business requirements into IT solutions.
- Day to day support of IT applications.
- Participate as a team member in implementing future IT vision to replace all custom applications with standard ERP suite.
- Develop technical design for IT applications
- Develop, test and implement IT systems on time and within budget
- Assist IT team members to resolving technical and data issues
- Off hours support of IT applications within assigned business function
- Interact with business users for training, problem solving and automation of business processes
- Translate business requirements into software, communications, and equipment requirements for application development.
- Perform feasibility studies, translate requirements into an appropriate design, formulate and define application scope and objectives, and implement complete solutions.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts and may be held accountable for controlling project plans and costs of smaller projects.
- Recommend appropriate data security solutions when necessary.
- For application maintenance, incumbents must respond appropriately to system maintenance requests and use their analytical abilities and technical skills to isolate problems, fix immediate needs, analyze all ramifications and implement solutions.
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- 5+ years of hands on experience with systems development and support using following technologies
– Knowledge of Oracle 10g/11
– Development using Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures/Packages
– SQL Plus
– SQL Loader
– SQL Navigator or Toad
– Windows 2008/2012 OS
- Hands on experience with scheduling software such as Control-M, Cron etc.
- Exposure to web application/client server development using HTML, ASP, .NET and Visual Basic
Pro C, Korn Shell and UNIX Knowledge
- Knowledge of supply chain and warehouse management systems would be a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- An understanding of basic concepts, terminology and practical application of current and emerging technologies.
- Strong analytical abilities and technical skills to evaluate alternative approaches and to recommend the most feasible and economical solutions.
- Proficiency in architectures, analytical and design techniques, database technologies, and programming languages.
- Proven ability to design applications using the appropriate systems architecture, database structures, and communication and network technologies.
- Extensive analytical abilities and technical skills to isolate problems, fix immediate needs, analyze all ramifications and implement complete solutions
- Project management skills, including defining, organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation.
Pay is commensurate with experience, and highly competitive.Apply